CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Frosted Luminaries by Amanda of Green Owl Crafts

Hi, friends,
I love to pass on pretty ideas that I run across whether it has to do with crafts, clothing, DIY's, etc.   I found this one tonight.  It is for Frosted Luminaries,  love 'em.  These are very nice for your own home or  would be great for a gift exchange.   This great idea comes from Amanda at her blog:  http://greenowlcrafts.blogspot.com/ .  I think you could go nuts finding all sorts of different containers to decorate to hold your candles or tea lights.  Best of all, this looks fun and fairly easy.  So lets check it out...


Frosted Luminaries


I have seen several different crafts using Epsom salts to embellish holiday décor. I wanted to give it a try and here is what the result was.









I got the glassware from the thrift store for a quarter each.









Color your Epsom salts with 2-3 drops of food coloring.












Mix together and get all clumps out. Let mixture dry for about an hour.










Cover your glassware with your favorite adhesive.












Roll adhesive covered glass into colored Epsom salts.













 Allow them to dry a couple of hours. Coat with gloss sealer several times. Add your candles and enjoy!

Didn't Amanda do a great job on this tutorial.  I love her step-by-step instructions and the photos to go along with them.  Aren't these pretty and they look so easy.  I can't wait to try them for myself.  
Be sure and stop by Amanda's blog:   http://greenowlcrafts.blogspot.com/ .  It is very informative and chock full of great ideas! 
Thank you, Amanda, for the great luminaries.
                                             
                                              ***********************
Today's Tidbit:
You will feel better if you notice the sweetness of life.  Notice the smiles of children, the songs of the birds, the caress of the sun's warmth.  This sweetness is for you.  Allow it to soothe your soul and bring a smile to your face.

1 comments:

cinda said...

Hi, Dominee
It has been a few weeks since your comment and I want to know if you have tried to do these holders? They are so pretty, sound easy to do, and inexpensive to do. They would also make a great gift. I would love to know if you have tried this and if so, how was it?
♥cinda

Post a Comment