CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Curly-Q Wreath

Hi, y'all.  I must have a new addiction, I love all the wreath ideas that I have been seeing.  I am crazy about one that I make that uses only 3 boas and a styrofoam circle.  How hard is that sounding?  This next one sounds easy, too.  I will see.
I first saw this one a couple of weeks ago.  I love it.  Different color combos could be used for different holidays or even a birthday.  I ran across the instructions already written out, so , I am borrowing these from Embellished Bayou. I think that this is super.
                                                                    Here is the store’s version, retailing for $25.00:

0225101344-01


Like it?? I LOVE IT!
 
Here's how she did it. She started with an extruded wreath bought at Michael's with a coupon, so  it was less than $2.00.  If you’re lucky, your dollar store might have these, but hers didn't.


She spray painted the wreath pink in case any of  it showed through the ribbons and because she would be hanging it on a glass door and the back would be visible.  She also bought seven 3-packs of curly ribbon bows at the dollar store.  You’ll also need a staple gun and/or hot glue gun. Staple one bow on the wreath in the middle of the ribbon. Layer on another bow, criss-cross it on the top  of the first one. 
Keep doing this all the way around the wreath, pressing in the staples where needed.  Now, she found that the staples wouldn’t stay in, so she secured the ribbon with hot glue.  Depending on what kind of styrofoam wreath you have and how long your staples are, you may or may not need to do this.
IMG_0258
Fluff the ribbons and you’re done! She hung hers from a coordinating satin ribbon. 
IMG_0279

                           
IMG_0261
I think that the only thing that I would do different is that I would make my own bows instead of purchasing them.  Isn't this GREAT? 


                   ******************************
Today's Tidbit

                           Today

Today I will try to live through this day only and not tackle my whole lifes problems at once.
  Today I will be happy.  Most people are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Today I will be agreeable, I will speak softly, look my best, be kind and considerate, neither critisizing nor finding fault with anyone but myself.
  Today I will be careful of my tongue, if I cannot find something   fine to say, I will be silent, for the spoken word no matter how much regretted can never be recalled.
Today I will keep smiling.  It takes only 7 muscles to smile but
 84 to frown.
  Today everything I do will be done to the best of my ability  It   may not and probably will not be the best that it can be done, but it will be my best.
------Author Unknown-----


0 comments:

Post a Comment