CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year 2012 !!

Hi, all, Happy New Year!!  Please, how about doing different this year.  I stopped this years ago, but still, 'everybody' likes to make New Years resolutions.  No more sweets, start exercising, loose 40 lbs., and on and on and on.  We all know the usual dozen that have been used to death and never last long enough to reach their final commitment.  lol. 
So, here is an idea for you.  As humans, we tend to dwell on the bad news or spread the bad experiences.  One bad meal at a restaurant, the whole neighborhood knows about it by morning.  One good meal, doesn't spread very far.
This year, I am suggesting you make a 'Good Memories Jar'.  This idea is not my brainchild, but I like it and wanted to share it with you.  All you need is a jar, any jar will do, a pen, and a little piece of paper.  Every time you do something that was fun, or do something that has left you with a great memory, jot it down on a piece of your scrap paper, then drop it in your 'Good Memories Jar'. 
A year from now, sit down with your family or spouse or whoever you make your memories with, and start going through everything that you wrote down and stuck in the jar.  Can you imagine how that could regenerate the laughs, bring back the happy feelings, remind you of the fun that you had?  I love this whole idea.  I don't think it would be as hard to stick to, for the whole year, because unlike the resolutions that everyone breaks and has to accept that they 'failed' at, your Good Memories Jar is all about happiness and good times. Do you like this idea?  Are you ready to try it?  I think it would be fun to see how many of us start this and how many can do it for the whole year.  Any takers out there?  Let me know if you are willing to do this, I might feel a contest coming on.  If you want to do this, leave a comment and if enough of us do this we well see who can go the longest, or who has the funniest story, etc.  Let me know.  I think that this could be fun!!
                     ************************
Today's Tidbit
     For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others.
     For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness.
     And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are
        never alone.
                        ------ Audrey Hepburn --------
                      ************************

2 comments:

cinda said...

Hi, I challenge you to commit to the "Good Memories Jar" with me. For fun credit, get a friend to follow my blog, they might even want in on the challenge.
♥Cinda

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

LOVE that quote by Aubrey Hepburn! So true and beautiful

Post a Comment