CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Fall

Hi, again to my old friends, long time no see.  Once again, I am vowing to blog on a regular basis.  So, here we go!
It is fair to say that fall is definitely here, by calendar and by temperatures.  Now that October is here, Halloween is in the air.  I just can't pass up a tutorial, by Martha Stewart, on how to make wings for costumes or playtime.  Think about it, they are for butterflies, fairies, dragonflies, bats, the list goes on and on.  They can be used for both boys and girls.  I never knew that they could be this simple. 
How-To

Wings for any costume


Once you have a basic pair of wings, you can embellish them to create many different costumes.

Tools and Materials
Kraft paper
18-gauge steel wire
Black tape
Butterfly wings template
Duct tape
Panty hose
Colored Halloween hair spray
Plastic gems
Glue gun
Clear elastic (1 foot)
Black headband
Black pipe cleaners

Butterfly Costume How-To 1. Download and enlarge butterfly wings template; trace onto craft paper.

2. Wrap 18-gauge steel wire with black tape.

3. Form traced shape with wire by bending with hands. First form the top shape, then the bottom with another length of wire.

4. Join the top and bottom shapes with a piece of duct tape.

5. Cut a leg off panty hose. Slide over the bottom of one wing. Pull taut and tie a knot in the back of wire structure.

6. Repeat for the bottom of the other wing, then the tops of wings.

7. Using colored Halloween hair spray, spray one wing orange and one wing black.

8. Glue on plastic gems to the back and front of the wings.

9. To make the harness, sew the ends of 1 foot of clear elastic to the front of the knot in the middle of the wings, one by one.

10. To make antennae, wrap a black headband with black pipe cleaners.
                         
                                            ***************************
Well, I hope that someone gives this a try.  You can click on the template link to get a pattern for a few different shaped wings.  Send me a picture of your wings, I would love to see them and also show our readers. 

                                        ***************************
Tidbit for Today:

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say --- I used everything that you gave me.








0 comments:

Post a Comment